Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What torx bit for Halcyon Hid head?

Anyone know what size torx (with a hole in it) it is on the back of Halcyon Explorer 21w hid head's?

Thanks!

Sent fra min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk

pretty sure they are torx index. I wouldn't go in there unless you have to as you will likely have to repot the back end if you do.
    ah herro

Yes. So far found out that a T7 (0.7mm) bit is just to small, so odds are very likely that it is a 1/32 torx that is needed.
    But those are not so easy to find here in Norway unfortunately. A T8 might do the job as it's just a hair smaller than 1/32.

Repot? Not shure what you mean.

Changing out an crappy e/o cord with a regular one.

Thanks

Why don't you just unscrew the cable gland's top bit, pull out and remove the cable, then replace cable and gland? No need to open up the light head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dragonator View Post
    Changing out an crappy e/o cord with a regular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    Why don't you just unscrew the cable gland's top bit, pull out and remove the cable, then replace cable and gland? No need to open up the light head.
    I'll second this. There should be enough slack in the inner wires to enable the cord to be changed without having to remove the back plate.

Make sure you use two spanners to undo the cable gland. It's important that the cable doesn't turn as the gland is being removed.

I would also take the opportunity to change the gland for a nylon one.

Ohh!!
    Didn't know that there was enough slack to do this, and didn't even think about that.. *stupid*

I am familiar with glands, and diy on lights (built a few my self).
    But why change it for a nylon one? I think they chew up the cables almost more than these ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonator View Post
    But why change it for a nylon one? I think they chew up the cables almost more than these ones.
    Not in my experience. In fact I have no idea what you mean.

They don't corrode and the strain reliefs don't perish.

The work of the inside of the nut part of the glands. This is from orginale gland ...
    The inside of nylon ones can be like knifes. Even the one Halcyon uses (witch look identical with cheep china glands i have seen)

Fair enough, but I've never seen anything like that. The ones that Light Monkey use don't seem to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Fair enough, but I've never seen anything like that. The ones that Light Monkey use don't seem to do it.
    Both LightMonkey and Halcyon use the Glands from Hummel, so should be the same effect - I've never seen that kind of damage though, but now I'm curious and will check my cables!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast